These days, several websites provide reputation management services for other entities, such as businesses, organizations, institutions, and individuals. These service providers monitor their clients’ actions and other entities’ reactions about those actions; provide extensive reports on the previous actions and responses; and react to those reports, as to generate desired feedback loops.
Internet users generally don’t have much time for the traditional, time-wasting background checks when planning to purchase goods and/or services from websites. They simply search with Google or any other search engine of their choice. And if any embarrassing, unresolved negative comment about you is displayed on search results that can sway the thoughts of the searchers; they would most likely go to your competitor’s site. This is one of the many reasons why you need the services of an online reputation manager to protect your brand and products/services.
Studies have proven that when web users search for your offerings or brand name via search engines, they most likely take search results at face value and make quick decisions based on the data presented to them by trusted sources like Google and Bing. Not many searchers care to dig deeper, if the information at hand is misleading or untrue. So, with this in mind, what efforts are you making to ensure no misinformation about you happen? Do you think no content author can publish negative comments about you, or your brand or your products/services?
Well, there are plausible reasons why you should hire an experienced reputation manager to provide result-oriented reputation management services that will put you at the helm of your own online image. Before you think you’re untouchable, here are some facts you need to bear in mind:
- Negative remarks hurt reputation: When you allow negative comments about you to stay on the publisher’s website, the comments would get more exposure, which would subsequently have a toll on your reputation. This sort of negative publicity can hamper your online efforts and even damage your relationships with business partners or career.
- Your competitors might be damaging your image: It’s a common occurrence on the Internet these days that numerous people consider business as war. If your online business is performing better than those of your competitors, some of them might resort to smear campaigns against your brand and/or products/services. They typically do this by publishing negative articles and posting comments about you in review sites, forums and blogs, with the aim of casting doubts in the minds of those who might be interested in your offerings.If your website outranks those of your competitors on SERPs, you can be a potential target. As you can see, you don’t do anything wrong doesn’t mean you can’t be targeted by the “bad guys”. If they can mischievously prevent a few prospective customers from buying from you, they’ve caused a dent in your online progress. If you find yourself in this type of circumstance, will you let your detractors have their way or will you hire a seasoned reputation management firm with proven track records to give you back your reputation?
- Some consumers might not consider giving you a second chance: There are numerous alternative websites that offer the same types of products/services like yours, and so, existing and potential customers can easily move on to another website, if your reputation becomes questionable. Bad reputation might be impeding your online success, without you knowing it!
- Majority of internet users hardly forget: Experience has shown that whenever a company overlooks a published negative remark about it, its good reputation would slowly diminish over time. As a result, the company’s opportunities for progress would be largely hampered.
Polish your brand and offerings with reputation management
The duties of a reputation management service provider are to always protect your reputation, delete content that infringes on your copyright and also remove all negative remarks about you. The overall goal should be to ensure you always look the best for your target audience.
The following are the most likely things you’d get in a quality reputation management package:
- The service provider should be able to monitor your online movements and actions.
- S/he should be able to be in total control of how your image is portrayed to your target audience.
- S/he should be able to effectively and clearly define your online image.
- Timely removal of any negative content before it harms your brand’s image.
- The service should include controlling the information search engines display on their search results pages regarding you and your website.
- The service provider should be able to improve the way your target audience sees you and your offerings.
By now you must have grasped why negative or smear or inaccurate content about you can cause a bad impression on your existing and prospective customers. So, make sure you always look your best online. That’s one of the best ways to succeed on the web!