Just like with any site you wish to succeed you have a plan, so do not treat your blog any differently. There are several objectives that should be part of your blog marketing plan.
Your target audience defined:
It is important that you know your desired market. It also helps everyone working on your website to keep everything aligned to the brand so that your market gets the same message even with different Internet marketing efforts. You can go the extra mile and include a detailed profile of your target market. Based on insights and behavioral information that you have collected, you can paint a better picture of your niche for your team.
Categorize Your Blog:
Being able to define the category your blog should belong to is just as important as being able to define your target market. When you figure out the market battleground you belong to, it becomes easier to identify your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats. Being part of a definite category also makes work easier for everyone. You’d be able to know what is expected of you and how far should you go to deliver something better for your market.
When you already have your market and your category on paper, it becomes easy to come up with rules and standards for your blog content. At first, this sounds limiting. But after a few posts, it becomes natural for you to know how to give a little extra to keep things interesting. Remember that your marketing plan serves as a guide. It’s not made to limit creativity and ingenuity. Rather, it seeks to challenge your team to come up with fresh ideas while maintaining the essence of your communications and marketing objectives.
While most sections of your marketing plan stay as they are, the keywords section should undergo constant updates. The base personality of your market remains consistent. However, market details (where media and culture are huge factors) are bound for changes—like vocabulary and the things that they spend time on when online. Stay on top of your keyword list so that your content is always optimized for the right keywords.
Your blog marketing plan should define the type of associations you want to allow for your brand. Although you cannot guarantee zero negative publicity, having a guide will make everyone extra-conscious of to which sites they link your blog, and in which forums they participate on your behalf.
SEO for WordPress Blog Sites
We recommend a blog integration to our clients for all websites we develop. In our opinion, committing to blogging on a regular basis is one of the most important decisions you can make in your SEO efforts. Once you have made the decision and commitment to blogging, take the next step to ensure all of your hard work is rewarded.
Focus on the search engine optimization (SEO) aspects of your blog. Whether you’re looking for new customers or to build stronger relationships with current clients, a shared goal should be attracting as many targeted visitors as possible from search engines.
WordPress is one of the most popular blogging platforms on the internet largely because of its thousands of available plugins donated by the community. Many of which are focused on helping improve the SEO quality of your blog. Along with superb content consider the below plugins for your blog. We install these plugins with each and every blog installation we create for a client. The process is as follows:
– Design a Unique Custom Blog Layout with our clients’ input and feedback
– Install the latest WordPress blog & Integrate the custom design
– Install the below five plugins (all of which can be found in wordpress.org/extend or in your WordPress dashboard)
1) All in One SEO Pack – One of the best plugins available which will allow you to write custom meta information for all your posts and pages!
2) Contextual Related Posts – This plugin will display a series of related blog posts at the end of each published post by seeking those with relevant tags!
3) SEO Smart Links – Interlinking your posts is a great way to strengthen the SEO elements of your WordPress website. SEO Smart links will interlink your posts and pages as you write and publish them.
4) WP-DB Backup – Nothing will kill your SEO efforts faster than losing all your data and informative content. This tool will email you a backup file of your entire database whenever you want!
5) Google XML SiteMaps – When you add new posts and pages to your website every day, you want major search engines such as Google and Bing to know about it. This plugin will update your sitemap automatically as you publish new articles and will ping major search engines to let them know.
Successful SEO starts with producing top quality content, but it doesn’t stop there. It is an ongoing process incorporating many different strategies. We use these WordPress plugins to give our clients a competitive edge with search engines, and we suggest you do the same.